The Mandeville School (Aylesbury),
Ellen Road, Aylesbury,
Bucks, HP21 8ES
20th, 21st, 22nd December,
2nd and 3rd January
FREE HOLIDAY CAMP PROVISION FOR ALL VULNERABLE & ELIGIBLE FREE SCHOOL MEAL ELIGIBLE CHILDREN
APF recognises the ongoing cost of living crisis and its impact on people's mental health (including children).
We are delighted to be delivering the Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Programme once again over the festive period to provide children vulnerable access to free activities during the holidays and a nutritious meal each day. Such vulnerable children include those:
- Eligible to free school meals
- living in areas of high deprivation or from low-income households who are not in receipt of free school meals
- With Specific Educational Needs (SEND),
- Children Looked after (CLA),
- Children who have low attendance rates at school or who are at risk of exclusion,
- Ukrainian & Afghanistan families
- This camp is perfect for families in and around Aylesbury. This camp runs for 5 days.
- Providing fun, professional and specialist coaching across many traditional and non-traditional sports. APF Sports Camp is an exciting programme of coaching for boys and girls, designed to give them the essential skills to play like their sports heroes. Our course has been custom designed to suit all ability levels, from beginners to elite players.
Breakdown of activities
The Multi-Sports programme fits into four main areas and timetabling allows students to experience at least one activity from each these per day:
- Camp extreme activities such as Archery, Sumo Suits, Zorb Balls (NEW), Gladiator Joust (NEW) & our Giant Bouncy Castle offer risk taking and character development and a better understanding of how to keep safe.
- Traditional and non-traditional sports activities (such as Football, Tennis, Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Rounders and Rugby improve and enhance skill development and resilience among learners.
(Please Note: Some of these activities will be rotated across all venues so not ALL activities will be available EVERY day).
Our qualified and trained coaches challenge and support players at every level to improve their skills while making new friends. Our sports camps help children enjoy sports, learn to work in a team and improve their skills. In addition to learning sport-specific skills, the programme develops core skills such as agility, co-ordination alongside teamwork and communication.
- EACH SKILL SESSION WILL BE STRUCTURED TO ENSURE THAT CHILDREN PROGRESS IN SKILL DEVELOPMENT.
THE SESSIONS CONSIST OF:
- Learning of key skills associated to the sport and advanced skills for more able children
- Application of skills into small-sided games at the end of most sports sessions.
- Children will have the opportunity to apply their skills into modified games.
THESE WILL INCLUDE:
- Creative competitions and game play certificates to celebrate most improved and outstanding performers
- HOUSE Competitions to ensure competitive rivalry and cohesion.
- Snacks and fruit
- Hot Meal
- Juice throughout the day
- Normal drop-off time is at 9am
- Normal collection is between 1pm
*Children aged 11+ can sign themselves in and out
WHAT TO BRING
- A change of clothes
- Water bottle
Dress for the weather – in cold weather please bring plenty of warm clothes and a rain jacket is always recommended, just in case! Please always ensure that belongings are clearly labelled with your child’s name. If lost, we will then be able to return them to you.